Monday, October 3, 2011

Skeleton tie-up


I was trying to work on the free weavingtoday.com draft for the huck lace heart.



I love this draft and think it's so dainty and cute, way more girly than my usual tastes, however it requires 12 pedals.  I tried to figure out a skeleton tie-up on my own but just couldn't figure out anything that would work.  Then I did a Google search and came up with this website.  At this site, they will figure out your skeleton tie-ups for you!  What's really interesting to note is this designer isn't a weaver, instead he used mathematical calculations to figure out the skeleton tie-ups.  How smart!!









So here is a sample of the website.  The site has spaces to plug in what you want:


And then out pops your solution for the skeleton tie-up.  I just keep this in a notebook next to my draft.  My heart draft is so easy to follow that I didn't bother trying to draw it all out again.  I just work my way from bottom to top with the substitutions.

This is such a time saver!  I hope you find it as useful as I did!